Being grateful can be challenging in life, especially when the unexpected or unplanned gets thrown at you:
- You lose your job and finances
- Years of infertility destroy your dream of becoming a mother or father.
- Your dad develops Alzheimer’s.
- Your closest friends go on an all-inclusive vacation for the summer while you stay home to work and pay off debt.
- Your toddler dumps a bowl of cereal and milk all over the carpet, and you’re already late for work.
Even in the most stressful of times, if you take a step back, you can find something for which to be grateful. A lost job can often lead to a better career path. Infertility may lead to a loving family, including adoption or surprising miracles. A late morning means extra time with your healthy toddler.